Things to Know Before Smile Line Filler Injections
Maintaining a youthful and fresh appearance is a beauty trend that has persisted over the years. However, various factors such as aging, dry weather conditions, and others can lead to the development of wrinkles, especially in the prominent area of the cheeks. Smile line filler injections have become a popular solution for those seeking to address this issue effectively.
What are Smile Line Filler Injections and Who are They Suitable For?
Smile line filler injections involve the use of hyaluronic acid to fill and smooth out the lines around the mouth, commonly known as smile lines or nasolabial folds. This treatment is suitable for individuals who:
- Have Pronounced Smile Lines: Those with noticeable smile lines that contribute to an aged appearance are ideal candidates for smile line filler injections.
- Desire a Natural Look: Smile line filler injections can provide natural-looking results, making them suitable for individuals who want subtle enhancements without looking overly done.
- Seek Non-Surgical Solutions: For those who prefer non-surgical options to combat the signs of aging, smile line filler injections offer a convenient and effective choice.
- Wish to Boost Confidence: Addressing smile lines can boost confidence by providing a more youthful and refreshed appearance, helping individuals feel better about their overall look.
Causes of Deep Smile Lines
The deepening of smile lines can be attributed to various factors. Generally, these causes can be categorized into four main factors:
Bone Structure Changes Under the Eyes
The problem of bone structure changes under the eyes typically occurs in individuals aged 30 and above. This can lead to the hollowing of the cheeks above the cheekbone area, making the under-eye area appear deeper. This issue can be addressed by injecting filler into the cheekbone area along with under-eye filler. This technique tightens the skin layers above the cheekbones, resulting in a firmer and more youthful appearance.
Cheekbone Bone Structure Changes
Cheekbone hollowing in individuals usually begins around the ages of 20-30. Even when cheekbones haven't sunken significantly, this can be improved by injecting filler into the bone layer beneath the muscles. It is advisable to inject the filler slightly lower than the small hollows to prevent pulling of the muscles used for smiling.
Frequent Smiling Causing Excessive Muscle Strain in Cheek Area
If you want to address the issue of smile lines caused by excessive smiling and intense muscle strain in the cheek area naturally, it is recommended to use a combination of Botox injections and filler. Dry or sun-damaged skin can exacerbate this problem. Dry skin due to loss of moisture or frequent sun exposure can be managed by drinking plenty of water, applying moisturizers, sunscreen creams, and undergoing filler injections. However, it's important to choose fillers with small molecules to prevent lumps and ensure a smooth texture.
Dry Skin, Frequent Sun Exposure, Thinning Skin
The problem of dry and rough skin caused by moisture loss or frequent sun exposure can be addressed by drinking plenty of water, using moisturizing creams, applying sunscreen, and even getting filler injections. Filler injections can effectively tackle the issues of sun-damaged and dehydrated skin. However, it is advisable to choose fillers with small molecules to prevent skin from becoming bumpy and uneven.
Why Smile Line Filler Injections and Precautions to Consider
Smile line filler injections offer an effective solution for addressing fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth without the need for surgery. Here's how to get smile line filler injections and important precautions to consider:
Getting Smile Line Filler Injections:
- Consultation: Schedule a consultation with a qualified and experienced cosmetic practitioner. Discuss your concerns and expectations regarding the smile lines.
- Assessment: The practitioner will assess your facial structure and the severity of the smile lines to determine the appropriate filler type and volume needed.
- Procedure: During the procedure, the practitioner will inject hyaluronic acid-based fillers into the smile lines, plumping the skin and reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Recovery: Smile line filler injections typically require minimal downtime. You may experience mild swelling or bruising, which usually subsides within a few days.
- Results: You'll notice immediate improvement in the appearance of your smile lines. The results can last several months, with touch-up sessions needed to maintain the effects.
Precautions to Consider:
- Choose a Qualified Practitioner: Ensure the procedure is performed by a licensed and experienced cosmetic practitioner. Research their credentials and read reviews from previous patients.
- Quality of Fillers: Use only FDA-approved or equivalent regulatory body-approved fillers. Avoid counterfeit or substandard products to prevent complications.
- Medical History: Provide your complete medical history, including allergies and medications, to the practitioner. Inform them of any previous cosmetic procedures.
- Realistic Expectations: Have realistic expectations about the results. While fillers can significantly improve smile lines, they may not completely eliminate deep wrinkles.
- Follow Aftercare Instructions: Adhere to the aftercare instructions provided by your practitioner. This may include avoiding excessive facial movements, sun exposure, and certain medications that can increase bruising.
- Avoid During Pregnancy/Breastfeeding: Pregnant or breastfeeding women should avoid smile line filler injections due to potential risks.
How Many CC of Filler Should Be Used?
The amount of filler required for cheek augmentation depends on the depth of the cheek hollows. In cases where the hollows are significantly deep, especially in individuals aged 50 and above, multiple cc of filler might be necessary. Some cases may require as much as 3-4 cc of filler and might need to be combined with other procedures like Ultherapy or thread lifting.
However, for general cases where the cheek hollows are not excessively deep, the practitioner typically recommends using around 1-2 cc of filler per cheek. Authentic fillers are safe for injection and naturally dissolve over time.
When determining the precise amount of filler needed, it is crucial to consult a qualified and experienced medical professional at a reputable clinic. Incorrect calculations could lead to unnatural results, emphasizing the importance of receiving treatment from a skilled practitioner.
Understanding the Risks and Precautions
Cheek filler injections have become a popular solution for correcting cheek hollows and enhancing facial features. However, some individuals worry that cheek filler injections may make their faces look unnatural. This concern arises from the presence of counterfeit fillers flooding the market at extremely low prices. People who seek services at significantly lower costs should exercise extreme caution due to the prevalence of various types of fake fillers, including liquid silicone and non-pure fillers that cannot be completely dissolved in the body. This poses risks and potential dangers when using counterfeit fillers.
For those concerned about the safety of cheek filler injections, it's advisable to gather information about the procedure. Nowadays, there is a wealth of easily accessible information and numerous reviews online. Comparing this information can help individuals make informed decisions. Choosing genuine, FDA-approved fillers for cheek injections almost eliminates concerns about potential dangers since authentic fillers can be completely dissolved by the body after injection. Therefore, undergoing cheek filler injections should not be as terrifying or dangerous as many people perceive, provided authentic fillers are used.
Another aspect that medical professionals must be cautious about during cheek filler injections is avoiding injecting the filler into vital blood vessels. Injecting into crucial blood vessels can lead to blockages, causing complications. With expertise and adequate experience, medical practitioners can avoid such issues and ensure a safe procedure for their patients.
How Long Does Swelling Last After Filler Injections?
After getting filler injections, swelling may occur, although its intensity varies from person to person. Some individuals may experience no swelling or redness at all, while others might have both swelling and redness at the injection site.
For those who experience swelling, there's generally no need to worry, as the swelling will mostly subside on its own within approximately 3-4 days. Swelling after filler injections happens due to the body's response to the filler substance. The injected filler causes water retention in the initial period, leading to swelling and redness. Normally, this swelling and redness are mild and not dangerous. However, if you notice severe or persistent swelling, redness, or any other concerning symptoms, it's advisable to consult a medical professional immediately.
To alleviate post-injection swelling, you can use simple methods such as applying ice packs to the affected area. Additionally, it's recommended to avoid sleeping on your side for the first 24-48 hours after the injection to help minimize swelling and redness.
Comparing Smile Line Filler Injections with Facelift: Which Is Better?
For those contemplating whether to opt for smile line filler injections or facelift surgery, it's crucial to understand the advantages and limitations of each method before making a decision:
Smile Line Filler Injections
Smile line filler injections involve filling deep lines and areas where bone resorption has caused smile lines. This technique employs precise injections to lift the corners of the mouth, addressing deep smile lines directly.
After smile line filler injections, you can observe immediate, natural-looking results. This method enhances the firmness of the smile lines, making the face appear youthful and rejuvenated. However, the results are not permanent, as the filler substance naturally dissolves over time, necessitating follow-up injections.
Thread lift procedures involve using dissolvable sutures or threads to lift and tighten sagging skin on the face. These threads are strategically placed beneath the skin, providing a subtle lift to specific facial areas, including smile lines. Over time, the threads stimulate collagen production, further enhancing the skin's elasticity and firmness.
Thread lifts offer a non-surgical alternative for individuals with mild to moderate smile lines and sagging skin. The procedure provides immediate results, with improvements becoming more noticeable as collagen production is stimulated. While thread lifts are not permanent, they can last for several months to a couple of years, depending on the type of threads used.
Choosing between smile line filler injections and thread lift procedures depends on individual preferences and concerns. For those seeking immediate and visible results, both methods offer viable options. However, thread lifts provide a non-surgical solution with longer-lasting effects compared to filler injections. It's essential to consult with a qualified healthcare professional to determine the most suitable option based on your specific needs and expectations.
Preparing Before and After Smile Line Filler Injections
- Consultation and Assessment: Discuss and evaluate your smile lines with a medical professional to determine suitable causes and solutions. Choose the appropriate filler brand for your smile lines. Provide your medical history, including medications and existing health conditions.
- One Week Before Injections: Avoid using products that might stimulate skin cell turnover around the smile lines.
- 2-3 Days Before Injections: Refrain from consuming salty foods, as they can impact blood circulation.
- 24 Hours Before Injections: Avoid alcohol consumption and activities that induce heat or increased blood circulation, such as heavy exercise.
- Avoid Touching: Refrain from massaging, pressing, or applying pressure to the injected areas.
- Monitoring Swelling and Discoloration: If you experience redness, swelling, or bruising, these symptoms will gradually improve within 2-3 days.
- Stay in a Cool Environment: Stay in a cool environment and avoid contact with any form of heat. Refrain from engaging in activities that might cause facial redness for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid Deep Laser Treatments: Refrain from undergoing deep laser treatments that penetrate beneath the skin for at least one month after the filler injections.
- No Excessive Movement or Massage: Avoid excessive facial movements and massages as they might displace the filler.
- Cool Compress: You can apply a cool compress if swelling or bruising occurs, but avoid applying strong pressure.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink 1.5-2 liters of water per day to keep the filler hydrated and ensure its longevity
Why Do Lumps Form After Filler Injections?
If lumps form after filler injections, it could be due to incorrect injection techniques or the use of inappropriate fillers for the specific area. For instance, if deepening of the area results from bone resorption under the eyes, it's advisable to avoid correcting it with fillers. This might cause the upper part of the area to appear swollen and unnatural.
If lumps appear after filler injections, they can be resolved by injecting a filler-dissolving enzyme called Hyaluronidase. This enzyme helps dissolve the filler completely, allowing the skin to return to its original state. Afterward, new filler injections can be administered to achieve the desired results.
Choosing the Right Filler Brand and Injection Location
Different filler brands are suitable for specific injection areas. It's essential to select fillers that are resistant to movement since the skin in certain areas is often very dry and thin. The recommended filler brands for injections include:
- Juvederm Volift (Lasts 12 months): Soft texture, suitable for individuals with thin skin.
- Juvederm Volux (Lasts 18-24 months): Firm texture with large molecules and high elasticity, suitable for deep injections.
- Restylane Volyme (Lasts 12 months): Medium-soft texture with high elasticity, suitable for injections.
- Belotero Intense (Lasts 18 months): Firm texture with good elasticity, suitable for skin rejuvenation and volume enhancement.
- Definisse Restore (Lasts 12 months): Medium-soft texture, suitable for deep wrinkles and sagging.
Why Choose Skinserity
When selecting a clinic for filler injections, it's crucial to choose a facility that meets high standards, provides safe services, and is legally certified. Reading reviews from genuine customers can be helpful. Skinserity Clinic stands out as a reputable choice for filler injections due to their experienced and expert medical professionals, adherence to safety standards, and the use of genuine fillers certified by the Thai Food and Drug Administration. Choosing Skinserity ensures both safety and effective results after the injections.
- รับประทานยาตามแพทย์สั่ง (หากได้รับ)
- หลีกเลี่ยงการออกกำลังกายแบบหักโหมใน 24 ชั่วโมงแรก
Before & After
Experienced and confident with numerous testimonials.
Sincere, Warm and safe.